I am a professional, qualified teacher and 1:1 tutor in Great Barr. I have with experience of working with all ages from nursery to adult. I specialise in 1:1 tuition in maths and English and in 1:1 tuition and classroom teaching in languages. I teach in schools and universities as well as providing personalised tuition in the comfort of your own home.
I have an excellent record in helping children to achieve good progress. I am passionate about the subjects I teach and I feel that pupils pick up on and respond to this. My approach and teaching style enthuse and motivate children to learn, and I also make targeted use of games to make learning fun. I use multisensory teaching methods whenever possible, which is especially helpful to children with special educational needs.
- my ability to quickly build a strong rapport with children,
- my skills and creativity in communicating ideas and information,
- my empathy and patience in working to ensure understanding
- my dedicated and organised attitude to work.
Before beginning my teaching career, I worked in various roles requiring languages, including 11 years as a project manager in the translation industry. My experience with a wide range of computer software enables me to comfortably incorporate ICT into learning and to prepare stimulating and motivational resources for the children.
I have a Level 2 qualification in British Sign Language, and experience of working with hearing-impaired and deaf students. I also have Level 2 qualifications in Understanding Autism and in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties.
I am experienced in
- language teaching for schools, universities, businesses, families and individuals,
- private 1:1 tuition in maths and English (including tuition for the Y6 SATs)
- working with children with special needs.
Please click on the areas you are interested in to find out more about me and how I can help you.