These are some useful podcasts for learning French or just for practising your listening skills.
News in Slow French (Intermediate) – current news stories, meaning you have a rough idea what they are going to be talking about!
News in Slow French (Advanced) – as above but a little faster!
Coffee Break French – 20 minute topic-based episodes covering a range of vocabulary and grammar.
If you live in the north Birmingham area and you feel you would prefer face-to-face lessons in the comfort of your own home, then get in touch with me to see how I can help you. I can offer a range of levels – whether you want lessons for your children or your whole family, or whether you need French yourself for business or holidays – at a pace to suit you.
I is for…Improvement. This is what is expected of you. Nobody can be best at everything and nobody expects you to be. What your teacher wants is for you to try your hardest and for you to do a little better each time. So how can you make sure you improve?
- listen carefully when your teacher is explaining.
- ask questions if you don’t understand.
- have a go in your independent working time and see how much you can do – you can’t improve if you don’t try.
- if you get stuck, show your teacher what you have tried so that he or she can see which part you need help with. This is much better than handing in a book with no work at all in.
- do your homework each week so that you are practising.
It might take a little while, but slowly people will start to see improvement in your work. When this happens it will make you feel proud.
Related posts: H is for… J is for…